While it’s no longer as popular as it used to be, the allure of the drive-in experience remains timeless. Many cherish the nostalgia of watching a movie under the stars, surrounded by the comfort of their vehicle.
And now, with the emergence of modern technology, it is easier than ever. Thanks to the capabilities of iPhones, we can easily integrate this tradition into our modern lives.
If you are eager to unlock the magic of a drive-in movie or event and want to learn how to listen to drive-in radio on Iphone, keep reading.
Ways to Listen to Drive-In Radio on iPhone
There are two ways to listen to the radio on an iPhone while at a drive-in.
The first way is without internet, and the second way is with Wi-Fi. It is not possible to listen to FM radio on the latest iPhone models without an internet connection.
However, you can do so on older models like the iPhone 6. These models use an iPhone radio tune to receive signals without Wi-Fi. You will only need an FM radio app for drive-in and earphones or headphones to start to tune in.
If you have the latest iPhone models, you can listen to the radio for free with a drive-in radio app and an internet connection.
1. Steps to listen to drive-in radio on an iPhone without the internet:
How to listen to Drive-in radio on an iPhone without Wi-Fi
Follow these steps to listen to drive-in radio without Wi-Fi:
- Step 1. Download and install an “FM radio app.”
- Step 2. Tap “Menu icon” and select “Settings.”
- Step 3. Turn on “FM Mode.”
- Step 4. Link the “Earphones” to your device.
- Step 5. Return to the “Radio app.”
- Step 6. Press “Local FM radio” on the displayed list.
- Step 7. Click the “Channel” you want to listen to.
>Note: Wired headphones are necessary for this procedure as wireless earbuds cannot catch radio signals without a wire acting as an antenna.
2. How to listen to Drive-in radio on an iPhone with Wi-Fi
As we established earlier, iOS’s latest models lack FM chips. Therefore, you need a Drive-in movie theater FM transmitter app to be the radio tuner.
Below are the steps to listen to drive-in radio on iPhone with a Wi-Fi connection:
- Step 1. Download and install a “Radio app.”
>Note: Although iPhones come with Apple Music and various stations, the app only connects to a limited number of local radio stations and may not enable Drive-in frequencies.
- Step 2. Tap the “Channel” you want to stream.
You can manually search for the stations or enter the number.
- Step 3. Link the “iPhone” to your vehicle stereo system.
List of iPhone Radio Apps
These are the iPhone’s compatible radio apps:
- My Tuner Radio. With my Tuner Radio, you can access numerous drive-in radio stations and add them to your favorites list for easy access in the future. In addition, it is available in not less than 200 countries and provides coverage for up to 50,000 stations, local streams included.
- Simple Radio. As the name suggests, Simple Radio is an easy-to-use app that offers free access to over 50,000 local and international radio stations. Its design ensures a smooth streaming experience.
- If you subscribe to SiriusXM radio, you can access various channels across different countries, including the USA and Canada. It’s a great way to listen to a range of shows, such as sports, music, and comedy.
- TuneIn radio. This radio offers more than just enough for its users. You can get up to 100,000 radio stations in over 197 countries. Moreover, it provides access to sports, music, and live news.
Since the iPhone doesn’t have an in-built FM receiver, you need to get a suitable app that can help you stream your audio and videos at your convenience. Luckily, these apps are free to use.
What’s more, you can listen to drive-in radio on an iPhone with or without an internet connection. Just make sure you choose an app that your specific iPhone model supports.
The newer versions may differ from older ones. That said, you have now discovered how to listen to drive-in radio on Iphone. Enjoy your favorite shows.
Hello! I am Hart, the content writer and editor here at G0HWC. I used to be in the same local radio club with Howe, and he convinced me to join him in spreading my love for the radio with others. With a background in radio studies, I spend every day crafting accurate, easy to read content on various topics related to owning and using radios. I hope that my content can help you confidently venture in your radio journey!