Learn how to change the clock on a Pioneer radio so you’re always on time. After all, time is of the essence when traveling, so you’re aware if you’ll get to your destination timely.
To change time on Pioneer radios, you’ll work with the power and volume buttons, which you will hold, press, and release until you can set the clock. A stereo professional or mechanic is unnecessary for this process, so you won’t have to pay for unnecessary expenses.
Time is gold, so don’t let your radio clock get stuck.
Identifying Your Pioneer Radio Model
Before you can set the clock on a Pioneer radio, you must know the unit model because older and modern ones vary in settings. As such, it’s best to have the stereo manual, which spells out instructions on setting the time.
Without a manual, you can spot the unit model in the radio by simply searching for the sticker that mentions serial numbers and other technical specifications. Armed with this knowledge, you can change clock settings in a breeze.
Steps to Change the Clock on a Pioneer Radio
Pioneer radios are user-friendly, so much so that when you teach a teenager to change clock settings, they can do it in a jiffy.
Step 1: Press the Menu Button
- Start the car to turn on the radio.
- The volume knob of the Pioneer car stereo can also serve as the menu button. Press it until you can see the menus on the radio screen.
- Turn the knob until you can see the “System” option. Select it by pressing the volume knob.
- Press it again when you see the “Clock Set” option.
In some radios like the DEH-X3800UI, you must first press the source (SRC) button before using the knob as a menu button.
Step 2: Set the Time Format
Once in the clock settings, navigate the options by rotating the knob left or right. Before setting the actual time, you must select if you want it to be in military time (24-hour clock) or a 12-hour clock.
Step 3: Set the Time
To change the time, you’ll have to turn the volume knob:
- Turning left means adjusting the time in a descending manner (from 12 to one and 59 to zero)
- Twisting the knob to the right means adjusting the clock otherwise.
Press the volume knob to set the hour marker, then set the minutes after. Once done, press the volume knob again to end the adjustment.
Step 4: Save the New Settings
To save your updated Pioneer radio clock settings, press the volume knob again. In some radios, you need to click the SRC button once you are done fixing the time.
Though most Pioneer stereos have similar basic functions, some differ when setting the clock.
For a Pioneer DEH-1100MP and other DEH units, follow these steps:
- Navigate the “Clock” menu and set the hour marker using the arrow keys.
- Press the “enter” button to confirm the time.
- Use the arrow keys to adjust the minute marker.
- Press the “enter” button again to confirm the setting, and press once more to save the new selection and exit the clock menu.
A Pioneer touch screen radio is easier and more efficient to operate compared to an old Pioneer radio. To adjust the clock in AVH units such as AVH-110BT and AVH-X2800BS, follow these steps:
- Click the clock on the screen.
- Set the date (month-date-year), then the time.
- Set the date format: date/month/year or month/date/year. You can increase or decrease the number by using the “Up” and “Down” arrows.
- Set the time format: 12- or 24-hour.
- Click the “X” button to return to the main screen.
Follow these steps when setting the clock on Pioneer car radio DMH-W4660NEX:
- Press the menu button on the remote control.
- Navigate the “Clock” menu options using the arrow keys, then press “Enter.”
- Using the keypad on the remote, enter the current time.
- Press “Enter” to save the settings, then exit the menu panel.
4. Mixtrax FH-X700BT
Follow these steps to set a Pioneer car radio clock of a Mixtrax FH-X700BT unit:
- Hold the “Mode” button for two seconds until you see “Time Adjust” flashes on the screen.
- Use the “Up” and “Down” arrows to adjust the hour and minute markers. Click the “Right” button to navigate the settings.
- Press the “Mode” button again to save the new configuration.
In case you’ve lost the remote control, carry out these steps instead:
- From the menu, select “Time Adjust” and press the multi-control (M.C.) knob.
- Press M.C. again to pick the part (hour/minute) you wish to change.
- Turn the M.C. knob to the right or left to adjust the clock.
- Once satisfied, press the M.C button to confirm.
Follow these steps to adjust the time in a DEH-S31BT unit:
- Press the “Menu” button, then use the “Up” and “Down” buttons to find the “Clock” option.
- Use the “Left” and “Right” buttons to set the hour and minute markers, then press “Enter” to save the settings.
- Press the “Menu” button once more to exit the menu.
6. Super Tuner 3
- Press the “Menu” button, and use the arrow keys until you see the “Clock” option.
- Select “Enter,” then use the arrow keys to adjust the hour and minute markers.
- Click “Enter” to save the new settings.
If you want to change the display format, go to the menu again and look for the “Display” option. Navigate the options, select your preferred format, then press “Enter” to save the new setting.
Reasons of Pioneer Radio Clock Failure
Whether you’re using a Pioneer MVH-S21BT or an AVIC-5000NEX, radios encounter clock issues. Among these are system resets, the need to adjust for daylight saving time, and stereo signal woes.
How Do I Adjust the Clock on My Pioneer Radio When the Daylight Saving Time Changes?
As mentioned, use the volume knob to navigate the clock settings or the arrows for touchscreen units. You must save the new configuration before leaving the menu panel.
Can I Change the Time Format on My Pioneer Radio?
Yes, you can. There’s a separate tab under the clock settings when you want to reset the time format to 12- or 24-hour.
How Do I Set the Clock on My Car Radio?
Assuming you’re not talking about Pioneer radios, the steps for setting the clock vary depending on the manufacturer and the vehicle model. Therefore, it’s best to consult the user manual to figure out how to do so.
However, you can try looking for an H (or HR) and M buttons, which stand for hour and minute, respectively. Pressing them should change the time.
Learning about clock settings is easy whether you’re using a Mosfet 50WX4 or any other unit. In fact, it’s so straightforward that you can get everything done within a few minutes.
Hopefully, this guide on how to change the clock on a Pioneer radio has made things even easier for you. That said, should you have any questions, feel free to let us know in the comment. We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Hello! I am Hart, the content writer and editor here at G0HWC. I used to be in the same local radio club with Howe, and he convinced me to join him in spreading my love for the radio with others. With a background in radio studies, I spend every day crafting accurate, easy to read content on various topics related to owning and using radios. I hope that my content can help you confidently venture in your radio journey!